Old 06-03-20, 03:03 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
I currently ride every other day for approximately an hour, doing a range of speed/climbing/endurance rides on Sufferfest. I'd like to shift to riding daily, but I'm not really quite sure how to adjust my training. I always feel pretty wiped on the day following my rides, especially if it is a climb with low cadence/high power. Any suggestions on how to adjust accordingly? I am thinking of going down to 45 minutes endurance or 30 minute climbs. Or is this a bad idea and stick with my every other day? Or perhaps stick with the hour long every other "difficult rides" and stick in 30 minute drills on the other days?

Appreciate the help
Add 10% riding time per week on the days you do ride, except one week in 3 or 4 when you need reduced load for adaptations to occur.

When total time divided by one day more allows a pleasant ride length, revert to your previous mileage and add a day.

Stop adding time when you're happy.

Note you should limit intensity most days. You're not fresh enough to ride hard and force training adaptations in your fast twitch muscles, but are going hard enough to recruit them and unload your slow twitch fibers so they're not getting better either.

I like VO2max Mondays (3-4x10 minutes as hard as possible, over 110% of FTP), Threshold Thursdays (ride at 90-95% of FTP for 1-1.5 hours), and Not Short Saturdays (at least double the weekday time) with pleasant endurance rides except Sunday which is for rest.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 06-03-20 at 03:15 PM.