Old 08-18-18, 10:48 PM
Ballenxj

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by DQRider
Thanks Jim. Only trouble is: my Leica was between the rocks and my bruised ribs. The nice bamboo hand-hold I bought for it worked to save the camera body; but because the lens is mated to it, any precise calibration is now lost. I think it actually added to my injuries, since I wear it on a diagonal strap across my chest, and that is where the most painful bruises are.

Look, please never mind... I need to keep a broad perspective here and realize that these injuries are the result of my lack of vigilance and self-control. The fact that I was grieving does not alter the laws of physics. Riding through a dark tunnel illuminated by a single bright beam of light is fine if you are only cruising. But if you are trying to exorcise personal demons by veloci-therapy, at the very least you should be wearing some kind of helmet.

Oh crap, did I really just type that? I must be delirious. Concussion will do that to a guy.

WOW DQ! Sorry to hear about your Father and the crash. I hope both you and your Leica are on the mend.