View Single Post
Old 08-02-09, 02:27 AM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
The only thing "Unique" about the rotator pursuit is the frame, seat and steering bar. The drive
train is completely standard and easily upgraded or repaired. The seat material can wear out
but could likely be replaced with a little searching and fabrication. The BB, cranks, headset and
wheels are standard items. The middrive cassette can be assembled out of standard cassettes
that come apart completely, Nashbar has several varieties of these for $5-20 that can serve as
donor cassettes for the mid drive. The one potential weak spot is the mid drive axle, if it breaks
you may have to rummage for one, but it is basically a 10mm solid axle, BMX variant. Mine has
been highly reliable over the past 19K miles. Tandem length cables are readily available. Since the rear has 7-8 or 9 speeds and the front has 6 speeds you
do need to use two Right hand twist grips with the left sided twist grip controlling the mid drive derailler. It is 'upside down' on the bar but works fine that way.
My R hand twist gave up at 13kmi but the left sided shifter is still working fine
at 19kmi. Nashbar was selling twist shifters a year or so back as singletons and
in sets for $15-30 so I stocked up.

Last edited by sch; 08-02-09 at 02:33 AM.