Old 04-24-19, 11:33 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Round trip on the trike yesterday. Leaned the seat back another two notches and shortened the boom half a size. That's been good the last two times but I may go back this time, feels like I'm having to hold up my head now. I'm enjoying the thing but it's much different than a bicycle. In some ways it's more comfortable - like an easy chair with nothing to cause saddle pain. But in other ways it's less comfortable. The seat stays transmit bumps right to my shoulder blades. At the same time it's impossible to bunny hop and the width and three tracks make it hard to avoid debris. Sort of like being the stoker on a tandem. I can see why some of the fancier models as well as recumbent 2-wheelers have rear suspension... if you tried to suspend the seat you'd bounce your head around and screw up the pedaling. And it' slow! Lots of possible reasons. Small wheels, one extra wheel, chain tube and idler, aerodynamics, etc. OTOH I'm getting better at putting power into it. I can't stand on the pedals obviously but I am braced by the seat so I can mash hard. That's important if I find myself starting off uphill in a high gear. Meanwhile surgery recovery is still going well. Pretty much only sore at the end of the day if I really over-do it, and symptoms vastly improved, if not perfect.
Genesis 49:16-17
Likes For Darth Lefty: