Old 07-03-17, 02:37 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ruudlaff
This is interesting actually, so realistically holding 120rpm is the target? I have the gears to go anywhere from 49-53 in the front so that should give me plenty of opportunity to play about with it. I don't tend to have a problem turning anything generally, but I do burn myself out quick at the higher end of my cadence (anything 130 and up really).

Around the resting period, totally understand this. My session wasn't really built around the 200s that day, it was at the end of a bigger training session and I was using the 200s with the short rest periods as a way to blow myself up basically at the end. I'm going to make an effort to see what I can do with it given a proper prep.
This is a poor way to get a training effect. It will work for you as a beginner, but only for a short while. If you're going to train a physical quality, then only train that quality in your workout. When you start to muddy the stresses that you put on your body, it gets confused as to how it is supposed to adapt. In the future, you'd be better off throwing on a light gear that doesn't stress you out, but lets you get to a decent speed, and practice your 200 line. This would be a good way to wind down after an effort.

Have a read with this in the Weightlifting thread - http://www.bikeforums.net/19638708-post837.html