Old 05-10-19, 07:23 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Off Weds. Yesterday did a 10mi TT sim and later in the day planned to do a few hours of gravel bike riding.

The TT practice went OK. I'm staying in position better, but I need to do one of these once a week every week.

My pacing is usually OK to pretty good, yesterday it was ****. I guess recent road position workouts had me feeling I could do more and I overcooked the **** out of the first 5min.

My road 20min best ever is 300w. What was I doing in TT position during those first few minutes......300w or so. Idiot.

At least my CdA has come down with both having a TT bike and honing the position. Using the Chung method stuff, I have the old CdA on the road bike and clip ons at from .27 to about .29.

The TT bike? I have it pretty reliably at about .215 to .220. Now, to get rid of the crap tires.

I'm still way way way off on power on that bike though. It's embarrassing. I can't even hold 250w for a 10 miler on that bike still.

The gravel ride............popped a tire and nearly ruined a front wheel. I left with the roadie group but nobody had their gravel bike that night so I broke off to the MUP to go to the gravel routes. They had taken out a huge chunk of the trail and marked a detour that didn't go anywhere. I blast through the bumpy/undulating gravel and come up to a 1 foot tall pavement ledge. Not bunny hopping that at 20mph. I grab a bunch of brake waiting for an OTB scenario but somehow get it slowed enough to just pop the tube and put a small dent in the rim.

Got it home and was able to repair the rim. It's still true, it's got a zillion spokes in it.

So.........overall a 10/10 on effort for the day and about a 2/10 on execution.

Lol.