burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
Yeah, I'm about 3-4 km/h faster on Zwift than real life... something's not optimal for me. Having said that, I haven't exactly put much time into my position. I've done one duathlon and I pretty much just put the aero bars on, did a couple of rides and then raced. I did have an aero helmet as it was 80% off, but I have no idea if it's a good fit for me. Hopefully there's some low-hanging fruit I can get this year both in terms of power in that position and aerodynamics.
Not everyone is a fan (I'm not, I just watch it for youtube filler to waste time), but Vegan cyclist has a youtube video where he tried riding a TT bike. He "claims" his road bike climbing position he can do 350w for 20min. Which is ******.

TT bike? One of his first indoor workouts he couldn't even hit more than about 225 to 230w!!!! That's crazy! But, the time in the saddle and workouts get it closer.

RIght now I'm at about 20 to 25w lower than my road bike position. Used to be more like 40w to 50w less last year. Doing nothing other than some blocks of TT bike workouts and being sure to ride the darn thing in anger at least once a week or so.
Likes For burnthesheep: