View Single Post
Old 01-30-20, 06:48 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 283 Posts
I'm in on the vintage e bike conversion. Have test ridden a few recent new e bikes, and they're impressive... with a big fun factor. Do I want a new one? Nope.

But, always the tinkerer my brother and I built an e-snowmobile with rad suspension over three decades ago. Pretty sure a leading manufacturer even copied the cowl and windscreen design, after it was on display at a convention. The project was just for grins.

My thoughts and reason.
This monster will mostly be for loan and welcoming a few whom may like to join in my usual evenings 30 mile loop without stress. Or perhaps join in the Sat AM group fun and just enough to hang with without collapsing.

Anyways, no current pics but this Japanese Schwinn is prepped for a mid mount Bafang 750w.. Afraid of buckling the frame or the wheel ripping out of the dropout, I scrapped the hyd. disc brakes. Shimano 8 speed Alfine IGH. Drop bar, vintage appeal, single big ring up front with some pretty fun calculations from this setup. Lighting will run on the dyno front hub and batt.