View Single Post
Old 06-03-20, 05:46 AM
Wylde06

Bikes: Cannondale Six13

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 21 Posts
4.5 mile Merckx TT last night. The (delayed) start of our club racing. A poll went out to all members a week or 2 ago asking who wanted to race and something like 86% percent of people said yes..so we did the most socially distant form of it.

~88 degrees and a 20mph sw wind, which happened to be a headwind...usually. The road we used was actually pretty sheltered from it, even though we should have had a direct headwind the whole time. Normally after everyone signs in a start order is determined based on how fast people usually are, but this time we just started in the order we signed in, with 1 minute between riders. I was 13th

Rode to the start as my warmup, felt not great, and when it was my turn to go I was hoping for at least 15 minutes considering the wind. Ended up with a 12:56 and averaged about 246. Power was about where I hoped it to be (this is the longest effort ive done all year) and the pacing was actually pretty decent now that im looking at the power graph. No clue what place that put me in, but likely in the bottom half, which im not too worried about.

Missed my clip in and smoked my ankle on my pedal. Luckily I wear tall socks so I didnt slice open my ankle, but it still cut the skin a little and its kind of sore this morning to the touch.

I would be ok if we just did time trials for now. I need these kinds of efforts and will now plan on doing 10+ minute intervals...because even though a 4.5 mile TT is terrible, I was glad to be out there again and of course want to do better next time
Likes For Wylde06: