View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 12:13 PM
clasher

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt
I paid $54 for my B&M USB-Werk including a small cache battery, ordered direct from Germany.
Somehow I missed hearing about this, thanks!

Originally Posted by unterhausen
I am convinced a subcompact double crank is the way to go on a rando bike. I guess because I know maybe 10 randonneurs that can actually push a 53-11 for any length of time. A 46-11 is a really tall gear. With 46 big chain ring, I can keep it in the big chainring for a considerable portion of a ride. A 28-32 is a very low gear and an 11-32 cassette is reasonably compact with gear jumps that aren't that bad.
I'd go 46/30 or 48/32 for my next rando bike esp. with 11 speed stuff. I have a 50/39/30 right now and a 12-30 cassette, so many gears to choose from and 30-30 combo is low enough for me now, though I used to 26 inner but experienced shifter troubles. Sadly though, two of my bikes with triples have both had the left shifters recently die on me. One is definitely a problem that can't be fixed with a solvent flush and the other one I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but it's got similar symptoms... I just put a downtube shifter on that bike for now, that took a bit of getting used to. I'm not sure what I am going to do about fixing that bike, might have to buy some sora brifters for it!