View Single Post
Old 08-08-20, 11:13 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,065 Times in 1,081 Posts
First ride, about six flat miles. After a few tweaks I went out for a hilly 12 mile ride before dinner. So nice; I set three Strava PRs in my excitement. Reach is a little longer than my previous bike; the bars a bit lower and significantly wider. That's all intentional; we'll see how it goes. I plan to ride a 100k tomorrow - that will tell me a lot about fit.

Tires are Gravelking slicks, 38mm, 45psi. My first tubeless setup, it was pretty straightforward. Love the ride so far.
Matching fenders from Soma are on order. Those will go on in the fall.
Silver bottle holders are also on order. For now I'll use jersey pockets for bottles.
Bar endplugs are on order. French flag pattern, as I hope this bike goes with me to PBP 2023.
No rack decision yet. Still considering baggage options.
The steerer won't be cut down until I'm confident in the fit. Final spacers will be silver, as will the final stem, seatpost and clamp.
The TRP Hy Rd cable actuated hydraulic brakes take a lot of lever travel before engaging, by design. That will take getting used to but I think they'll be great.
Headset was supposed to be silver but I ordered wrong. I don't care for the look, but I'll probably live with it.
Also no lights yet. If this truly becomes my rando rig, I'll pull the dynolights off the recumbent.
I don't have my tubeless flat repair sorted out. In the world of tubes I'll carry one tube, patch kit, and pump while JRA, and three tubes, patch kit, one tire, and pump on brevets.
Likes For downtube42: