Old 08-27-19, 06:51 AM
MSchott

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix Sport SL4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Lack of knowledge is NO excuse. Even if that was her very first day on the floor, I bet she knew the day before that she'd be working there. So, that gave her time to read EVERY *$#&ing page of information provided by Trek and the shop and the internet and... Yeah, there's a LOT of available info on the most common brand of bike sold today.

And yeah - the car industry is worse...
- Had a guy tell me the seats had lumber support. Cool. Glad they're using some natural products.
- At a Lexus dealership, a snooty new car sales guy, when asked "Does the GX460 still have a solid axle in the rear?" (admittedly, a test question to see if he knew his product)... responded "The whole vehicle is solid. It's a Lexus"

But it does sound like she did confirm the size by suggestion a test ride on the 56. That was smart. Our measurements are only part of the equation.

Congrats on the new ride! Red's faster too.
That’s not reasonable. It’s an entry level job paying close to minimum wage. She may not be a bike enthusiast to the extent we are. You seem to expect her to become an expert overnight. I’m an enthusiast who leans towards Specialized products. I easily get confused about all the models and the variants of each.
Likes For MSchott: