View Single Post
Old 08-14-05, 10:58 AM
gregw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mentor58
A Space Blanket (aka Emergency Blanket) is a great thing to bring. Folds down to the size of a pack of smokes. tougher than a 2 dollar steak, I've used it as a wrapper over my sleeping bag when it got colder than I had planned, it's acted as an emergency rain shelter and sun shade. I've got an old military model, it's shiny mylar on one side, and OD Green on the other. Got some grommets around the outside edge, and it's a bit tougher than the very thin mylar ones, but still packs down pretty small.

Steve
Who thinks that a space blanket could even double as a sarong if the situtation required it
Another good use for a space sarong is as hail storm cover. I have been trapped out in a hail storm with no cover in sight. In my case I used my tents ground cloth to drape over the bike and climb under. The hail was as big as ping-pong balls for a few seconds and this kept me from getting clobbered. And..... certainly everyone could agree that the shinny space blanket is a far more stylish sarong than a drab and dirty ground cloth!