Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Drv1913
Note: The length of this post is part of the reason why I thought there should be a separate thread for this, but if the thread starter doesn't mind...
I don't mind at all ... I think it's great!! Thanks for posting!

Would a different clothing choice have made the heat easier to bear? It used to hit temps like that in Winnipeg in the summer (and humid too), and I found a light-coloured cotton/poly blend to work about the best for me. When I moved to Australia, I got a few arm coolers ... they're like arm warmers but they're white and light and are supposed to both reflect the heat and keep the sun off my arms. They're good to quite warm temps, but there is a point where I prefer the breeze blowing across my arms, and I just switch to sunscreen ... but others swear by them.

Your comment about the woman having the personal conversation on the phone made me smile ... at the airport the other day, after being awake for getting on toward 24 hours, I wanted an hour or so of sleep before my next flight so I curled up on my carry-on luggage and no sooner had I done that, a woman started screaming in Spanish at the top of her lungs on her phone one one side of me, and a kid began yowling on the other side of me!! You just have to shake your head sometimes! Ear plugs ... and sheer exhaustion ... got me to sleep.

I'm glad you had a positive experience ... even though it was tough at times. And again, thanks so much for sharing it with us. I would like to see more of this sort of thing in this thread.

Last edited by Machka; 06-17-15 at 10:22 PM.