Old 01-08-16, 01:08 PM
BBassett

Bikes: Tout Terrain, Panamericana

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by vik
What's your range with that motor and battery?

With all that gear you are only going to pedalling unassisted on dead flats and downhill.

Does the motor have a clutch so that you can avoid its drag when pedalling unassisted?

Hi Vic,

Thanks for the questions, unfortunately I don't have much data to share yet. When I went to pick up my bike it turned out that the front Dynamo from Peter White Cycles was faulty. It was causing a loud buzzing sound when the tire turned. Disconnect the wires to the light and the sound stopped. So the front wheel assemble has been sent back to have the hub replaced. Mr. White has been given directions to replace the front rim and hub with a 36 spoke version like I requested originally. Now we will find out if he is absent minded or just aq belligerent ass.

I can't give you any numbers on distance, but I bet you are smart enough to know the answer will be that it depends on load and terrain. You are correct in thinking that when riding uphill assist will always be needed. Although I see people riding with loads equal to what I will be carrying and they are using only food for fuel. The nice thing about the BaFang motor is that you can pedal at anytime and add torque which will extend the battery life, uphill, down hill, or across Florida. You are close enough to use the help of these guys, Grin News. Most everything you need will be available with them, hardware, software, and best of all batteries!