View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 09:03 PM
shaneshane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MTBHHP, Great to know

Also, given so many people had jumped on this deal, seems we got a bigger group of Whipshot Ti owners. would be great to know where are you guys and we can see if possible to have some bike events.
I'm in Northern California, San Francisco Bay Area.

Originally Posted by MTBHHP
My right side shifter/brake would get a few drops of brake fluid every time I fully squeezed the lever. BD suggested I just try tightening up those 4 reservoir cover bolts. I was able to tighten them up a bit, and the leaking has pretty much gone away. The brake power still seems OK, so I'm just going to keep my eye on this. Not looking like I'll need to bleed the brakes unless I try shortening the long brake cable. BD gave me a small refund and shipped 2 replacement hangers for the broken one. BD was very responsive and I'm happy now.

I haven't checked whether I have too short a chain or the brake pad/spring issue yet. But I'll deal with that later. I also have their Mulkick CX Pro bike that came with SRAM Force 1x11. It also came with a 110 link chain, but only has 40T front chain ring, . So the 110 link chain may be too short for a 42T chain ring like the Whipshot has.