View Single Post
Old 04-16-19, 06:32 PM
colby2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aahzz
I'm running stock wheels. The rear wheel was replaced once under warranty - a path I was on ended abruptly and I went over a drop and landed hard - not something I do in the normal course of my riding. Even after that, I only broke one spoke, but I rode with the broken spoke for another 50 miles or so before I noticed it, at which point other spokes were weakened and had issues - so the shop replaced the wheel for me. I have many more drop-free miles on the new wheel, and the front has been flawless. Stock tires as well. The Verve series does seem similar, but I have no experience with them.
After doing what is probably more research than I should have and confusing myself a good 20 times, I decided to stretch my budget and work with the first bike shop I went to and ended up going with the Specialized Roll Sport.

It’s ultimately more than I wanted to spend, but after going to multiple different bike shops in the area (along with getting awful sevice from one of the local corporate Trek shops) I really felt they were the only ones that genuinely listened to and addressed my concerns as a bigger rider just returning to bicycling.

The fit of the bike was a little better for me and ultimately the wider tires helped me feel more confident while riding.

Thanks again for the information you provided, it really did help while I was comparing different bikes. Happy riding!