View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 08:10 PM
jimincalif

Bikes: '96 Trek 850, '08 Specialized Roubaix Comp, '18 Niner RLT RDO

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 83 Posts
Another ride, another data point. 55 miles, about 2400’, and the last 10-15 miles sucked, I was out of gas. I upped my carbs a bit on Friday, but also rode 24 miles that day. Had oatmeal with a little milk and 4 strawberries for breakfast around 0730, started riding an hour later. 30 miles in I was feeling ok, not super strong and a bit hungry, so had about 1/2 Clif Bar. Stopped at 38 miles for coffee and bought a snack, almonds covered w dark chocolate, about 300 calories. By mile 45 I was not very strong, a bit foggy. Ate the rest of my Clif Bar as I rode home. Also noticed that for my speed on flat terrain my heart rate was probably 10 bpm higher than normal. Got home had a beef and bean burrito, then went to a family event where there was a lot of pasta I indulged in. Will see if I recover enough to ride 70 miles tomorrow. These weekend miles are typical for me, so I have to assume it’s the diet having an impact. I might just have to accept a bit lower performance as I work thru this.