View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 11:44 AM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
I started back eating low carb in December, averaging around 80g/day/week total carb (maybe 50g/day/week net?), along with time-restricted eating (mostly 18:6 & 16:8 mix). Saturdays and Sundays are my big carb days and consume over 150g/day although Saturday is mostly in the form of UCAN SuperStartch. My week is typically 5 workouts with the fourth week a rest week and only 4 workouts. I started at 5.5 hours per week and now currently doing over 11 hours. I've completed a few fasted rides (18 hours fasted total including ride time) and longest is just over 4 hours on the trainer at low tempo pace (IF=0.78). I was starting back up after being rear-ended so this may be a bit skewed. During the first month on low carb, my intensity was lower (weekly IF ~0.74) but after that, I had no problems with higher intensity workouts (weekly IF ~0.84). I haven't done much AC and/or zone 7 intervals, mostly just over-unders with VO2 from 1-2 minutes and tempo/endurance blocks with 5-15 secs AC bursts, but I don't think low carb would hinder my performance (although not necessarily true the first few weeks). I'm not planning to do any "build" work this year, sticking with rebuilding my "base", so my tune may change next season.