View Single Post
Old 05-29-19, 12:39 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Well.. most modern road riders, many off road riders and all pros use clipless so why be embarrassed about trying them.
I said I was embarrassed I spent so much time and money trying to make them work for me when they obviously weren't working. It's absurd I was spending years trying to make it work when I could have just switched back to flats and been much happier and enjoyed my rides a lot more. I just bought into the "must make clipless work because they must be better" mentality.

It's fine that you don't use or like them but don't try to paint a picture of non functionality that isn't there.
The picture of non-functionality was there for me. Maybe a third things are true for everyone and the other half vary from one person to another.

They aren't that big a deal to use.. or not use.
I agree but seems like the convo only goes towards saying clipless is good and getting upset at it's drawbacks, I think one should be able to discuss the pro's and the con's of them.

If you're having trouble with them like I was there's no reason to try to force yourself into them like I was doing.