Old 08-18-19, 06:06 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
Originally Posted by rubynewbie
While I completely understand and appreciate your point, I really am interested to know if I bought over my head or not. I have no problem returning this bike tomorrow and exchanging it for something different if it's warranted. My husband and I know next to nothing about bikes other than what we have been googling for a couple of days. One debate/disagreement/spat is hardly going to make or break us and I am just looking for opinions from those with cycling knowledge. If I am going to exchange this bike I would like to do it tomorrow. I already missed one day of riding over this and really hate to miss tomorrow too.
My wife and I had a bicycle shop many year's ago. Adults came in, I asked questions, made recommendations then added --- IMO, buy what you can afford and feel comfortable and HAPPY with since YOU DESERVE IT because you EARNED IT.

OVERBUYING ??? WHY CERTAINLY at this time and level of riding you're at but so what!!! If it's comfortable and you FEEL GREAT riding it, everybody else's opinion means diddly-squat.

NOW GO RIDE YOUR BIKE AND ENJOY!!!!..............enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Last edited by OldTryGuy; 08-18-19 at 06:09 AM.