Old 08-18-19, 09:29 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked 439 Times in 312 Posts
Did you overbuy? No ! Not at all! My thinking is that you selected this bike. For yourself. That makes it special. Feeling special about your choice will give you that giddy internal happy feeling that is self reinforcing.

Spouses, neighbors, co-workers, family members need to learn to be supportive of cyclists. Unfortunately they often do not get it. And that’s not any kind of guilt that you need to take ownership of. I was raised catholic and am a psychiatric RN. I was taught by a wise Catholic Filipino RN lady friend who would actively shrug off the “blame and shame” ethic that burdened our Catholic upbringing. Seriously toxic stuff that is not your problem.

But back to the Specialized bike you bought. If it has the latest Shimano 105 hydraulic disc component group and you payed a small premium to get it, then that is fantastic! You got the highest spec, best value package you could.

Now you can move forward, set your cycling goals and build your cycling resume. You are learning cycling the right way, by teaching yourself! That’s how to become confident. And $2,500? I would think this is the sweet spot for a do it all road bike. Could you post a picture of your bike? I’d like to show my girlfriend because she gets stoked by stories like yours.