View Single Post
Old 09-17-19, 11:38 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18391 Post(s)
Liked 15,465 Times in 7,306 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
He was telling me about how he had run in to a female cyclist heading in the same direction, at about the same pace, out in the middle of nowhere, which launched in to how we're both cautious/reserved in such situations because of the creep factor...
While it hasn't happened to mea lot, try ending up in the same, sparsely campground with a single woman around, even if she is not a cyclist. One night I got a lot of cautious looks from a woman who was sleeping in one of those tricked out Mercedes camper-vans.

Another night I was sitting inside a screened in picnic shelter (lots of mosquitoes) reading a book at the American Legion park in Wisdom, MT. Woman drove in in a small-ish RV circled around then split. towards town. Maybe 10 min. later a man and young girl on riding a tandem come off the mountain towards town. Tow days later I am doing laundry at the Dillon KOA. End up in a conversation with a woman. She tells me she's driving SAG for her husband and daughter who are riding across the country. Yadda yadda yadda...The American Legion park in Wisdom comes up and she tells me that she drove in there, saw some "creepy looking guy" there and drove off into town. Should have seen the look on her face when I told her that "creepy looking guy" was me.
Likes For indyfabz: