Old 09-15-19, 06:55 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by kissTheApex
Ha! Being really bad with acronyms, didn’t know it had any other meaning(s).

on an unrelated note; I’m rally digging the Rapha core jacket you’re sporting. How do you find their sizing to be? Can I trust their sizing chart? The store near me doesn’t have them in stock, and I don’t want to buy two and having to ship one back since they don’t accept store returns of online purchases.

I did did try a brevet vest in the store, and even though the chart puts me at xl, I tried an L at the salesperson’s insistence and it fit better than the xl I tried afterwards, so I’m not sure how the sizing chart compares/relates to core jacket as well.
Their sizing chart has been spot-on for me, but only after I took the time to stop making assumptions about my dimensions; the last time that I was measured for a suit, it was a 44, but the tape measure puts me at 41 now, which is what they specify for L. Overall dimensions are: 5'11" with long-ish arm/torso proportions, ~185lbs.

The L jacket fits slim but not restricting; still room for belly-breathing, but I wouldn't want to put more than two thin layers under it. Sleeve and back length are great, despite my slightly skewed proportions. Really impressed with the shoulder articulation on-bike. The L brevet base layer (that I received in error and was allowed to keep) fits like a second skin - some compression but not constriction.

Same story with the two casual pieces, both merino sweaters (one polo, one crew). I think that the goal posts are a little different between on- and off-bike, and the same size should reflect that; the L sweaters are a slim fit that's appropriate for casual wear without veering in to form-fitting lunkhead territory.

Oh, and on returns, I'll reiterate - very easy for someone that doesn't like to be bothered with that kind of ****. The bag that they arrive in has an additional adhesive closure strip so that you can re-use it for returns (so take a little care when opening). The return shipping is already paid and the label is included with the packing list. You do have to fill out and print a return invoice, but if you have access to printer, it's a 30-second process. Then you just need to wander past a FedEx drop-off location.