wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
Consuming too many calories is what puts weight on. Combinations don't matter aside from the fact that they may cause you to accidentally over-eat.
I believe that "wrong food combinations" is the leading cause of various diseases, health problems, poor digestion and obesity...Macronutrients and various foods by themselves are not unhealthy, it's how they are prepared and combined that makes them healthy or toxic...I agree with what one poster said about fat and sugar combo being bad and I myself avoid that combo as much as possible...It really simple: if you're eating a high-fat meal keep your carbs low and protein high, if you're eating high-carb meal keep your fat low and protein high...Eating a hamburger patty with veggies is not a problem but if you add french fries to that and then have a milkshake or ice cream for a desert it will become a problem. You can't out-exercise a bad diet especially as you're getting older, an 18 year old college football player can get away with eating anything, a 50 year old guy can't continue to eat whatever he wants and get away with it, no matter how much he exercises.