View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 03:19 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by dalava
No they are not. We have had several of their watches, FR325/FR735/Fenix5/FR645 (between my daughter and I), for example, the bluetooth connection to the phone is never reliable, and it's across the board for all these watches, just like it's an issue with all their Edge devices. And another example, they release the FR645 as the music watch (with storage on board, and integration with Spotify and whatnot), but it doesn't work with Apple AirPods - now you tell me, as a product manager, would I ever release a consumer music device that doesn't work with 60% of wireless earbuds in the market? How would you NOT insist that it must work with the AirPods. When I talked to their support people, they told me it's Apple's problem because the AirPods use some proprietary implementation of the bluetooth profile, I am like, so what? This is a competitive business, not who's right or who's wrong. That there tells you a lot about their mindset.
That used to be the case when I had a Fenix 3 and a different phone. When I changed phones, the BT connection became rock solid and has been for years since. I also use mine to know what time it is which means I'm wearing it always, and it vibrates when BT drops. That really only happens when I go out of range.

Sounds like this happens with multiple (different?) phones for you, so that's probably not it.