Old 12-01-19, 04:39 AM
Bezrenki

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello all, thank you so much for replying to my post.

Originally Posted by linberl
... My "perfect" folding bike would fold like a brompton, ride like my Bike Friday, weigh less than 18 lbs, and be priced like a Citizen, lol.

Hi Linberl. Thank you for your answer. It seems you value:

- ease of folding

- being comfortable

- weighting less than 18 lbs

- and being inexpensive

Originally Posted by spambait11
Most annoying? Squeaks.
Then in order: weight, folding mechanism, frame material, small wheels

Hi Spambait. It seems you, like many others that replied here find squeks to be quite annoying. It means I will need to focus on the frame a lot.

So you don’t like (correct me if I’m wrong):

- squeaks

- being too heavy

- having an awkward folding mechanism

- having poor quality frame material

- having wheels that are too small

Originally Posted by 3speedslow
I like the support bar from the BB to the top tube feature. I don’t know why...

Hi 3speedslow. Awesome pictures, thanks a lot. I will make the frame look like you have suggested.

Originally Posted by cudak888
I can give you a couple of specific complaints, but they're specific to models:...

Hi Kurt. Thank you for your extensive list. It looks like you would like a folder to have:

- compact size when folded

- Not flat handlebars

- Have a drive system that doesn't turn into a mess when folded

- Have wheels that are accessible in LBS. (Would you rather have 20’’ or 16’’)??

- Automatic locking frame

- A bike designed to ride without need of adding aftermarket bits

- Stiff frame

- No zinc plated bits – all have to be stainless steel

I have a question about IGH. Would you be willing to buy a folding bike that is a little bit heavier and a little bit more expansive but with IGH or would you prefer to have something lighter and cheaper but with a derailleur? Thanks.

Originally Posted by tdonline
The flex and squeaks, which is why I just bought a minivelo.

Hi Tdoline. Thanks for the comment. It looks like you too find frame flexing to be annoying. It looks like it will be my most important concern.

Originally Posted by zebede
-Compromised riding position
-Frame flex

Hi Zebede. Thanks for the comment. You too, find frame flex to be annoying. I will add a compromised riding position to my list.

Originally Posted by BCATC
I'm still apprehensive about riding one handed for more than 2 seconds. I also can't help but always think what if I got a Brompton instead.

Hi Bcatc. Thanks for the comment. So why do feel apprehensive about riding one-handed? Is it because it feels wobbly? Is it not sturdy enough? Maybe, can you tell me what should I do in my bike to not make you feel apprehensive about riding one-handed? Is it the shape of the handlebar, riding position? Can you please elaborate on this one a little bit?

Thanks