Old 06-25-19, 08:25 AM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
As a plumbing contractor I worked a lot of new construction early in my career. 10* to 90* days were the common winter and summer temps. As I got older less new and more remodeling and service work. Nothing can prepare you for a house that is set at 68* and your working up a sweat then walk out the door to a 90* high humidity day. Now at 70 years and retired to NC I find the heat less an issue but the humidity here is like trying to breath through a large pillow. I can loose 4-5 lbs on a 15 mile ride with ease. Ofcourse I am dizzy as heck until I can drink enough and get the electrolytes back to a normal level. I could not agree more that acclimatization is a huge part of my being comfortable with what ever season I am experiencing. I was stationed in Northern Maine where it would get down into the -15* on a regular basis. I was sent to Thailand where it was over 100* and sent back to Maine in the fall. Got off the KC to 40* weather and thought I was going to die. Could not stop shaking from the extrem change of temp. Acclimatization, definitely helps.
Frank.