Old 10-17-19, 07:42 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 3,067 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
The XCR 32 fork is a decent quality fork -- the brand or model of fork is not really the issue; it's the increase in length due to the suspension design, and its effect on frame geometry, that has the potential to change the way the bike rides. Note that some riders are more sensitive to that sort of thing than others -- it may not be something you would notice (or it might be).

If you anticipate riding a lot of terrain where you really want a suspension fork, I might suggest looking into something like a hardtail mountain bike (hardtail = suspension fork, with a rigid rear frame). In the Specialized world, something like a Rockhopper or Pitch might be a good choice. I think the primary difference is the Rockhopper uses 622mm wheels (often called 29") and the Pitch, like the Roll, uses 584mm wheels (often called 27.5"). They offer 80-100mm of fork travel (and their frames are designed for that fork). The Pitch expert uses the XCR 32 fork you're considering for your Roll.

Just a thought.
This is what I did . I bought a Rockhopper and raised the handlebars to a comfortable level . Makes a nice comfortable riding all terrain bike . I would have liked to have used a set of Specialized Roll handlebars , but I haven’t found them for sale yet .