View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 08:58 AM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ab_antiquo
What the heck?

Based on this, it seems that you have zero experience with mountain bikes or fat tire bikes.

Whatever, as I said, you can tell from my floor pumps that MTBs are not high on my priority list, I am not into arguing with you, this takes nothing from the fact there are bicycles pumps suited to higher pressure and bicycle pumps suited to higher volume. I have no fat tire bicycles but do have several various MTBs. It should have read, 60 psi working pressure or less. Maybe you have some that use high pressure tires, but none of my MTBs are ridden with greater than 60 psi or so, usually less.

Maybe you could glom onto the 200 psi number I gave also though most road bikes with 23 to 25 mm tires run 90 to110 psi, tubulars (sew-ups, 120 maybe) and some track bikes do run up close to 200 psi. Are there any more pimples you can pick at? Are you myopic?

Last edited by Loose Chain; 10-06-19 at 09:01 AM.