View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 08:50 PM
Loose Chain

Bikes: 84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 88 Centurion Prestige, 73 Raleigh Sports, GT Force, Bridgestone MB4

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Yawn:

Looks like a MTB with a tire that states 35 to 80 psi to me. But then I can read and comprehend simple concepts and extrapolate across a simple word omission. Let us go over the concept again, a lower pressure tire such as this one on this Specialized MTB in the photos is more appropriate to a high volume pump. It does not need 200 psi that my Silca or the other pumps in my photo earlier are capable of. If I were to ever purchase a true fat tire bicycle, which I never will, I would purchase a different pump, one that worked at a lower pressure but could move a lot more volume per pump stroke.

Dear fellow, perhaps you do not understand freshman Physics, but force = area X pressure. But maybe you slept through that part. Hopefully this advanced math does not strain your capabilities. This, to make it easy for you, a pump piston of a smaller diameter will require less force to reach a given pressure. But the volume would be less, do I need to get you that equation or did you sleep through that one also?

Of all the forums I visit, this forum is the worst for this sort of thing, well, the Hull Truth may have it beat on any given day but then again, maybe not.

So, I am done, with this thread, I will not come back to it again, it is ruined by a troll, my sincere apologies to the OP.

Last edited by Loose Chain; 10-06-19 at 09:05 PM.