Old 09-03-19, 11:04 AM
MikeyMK
Cycleway town

Bikes: 2.6kw GT LTS e-tandem, 250w Voodoo, 250w solar recumbent trike, 3-speed shopper, Merlin ol/skl mtb, 80cc Ellswick

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightning Pilot
Aha! You thought I was talking about a cable with an integral lock. Not at all—haven't seen one of those that can't be overcome rather easily. I was thinking of a cable with end loops, and a heavy U lock, which is what I use. The cable keeps everything together. Around this neck of the woods, seeing orphan bike wheels securely locked to immovable objects is fairly common, as is seeing a securely locked bike with a missing wheel.

No lock is completely secure. The idea is to make it more trouble than the thief thinks it's worth.
Security has been done to death on the General page, yet sadly the issue remains as big a battle as ever. When i bought my old Kryptonite it came with a Krypto-cable but i just put it straight in the bin. It will not stop a ghost wheel.

Recumbents are a bit different with regard to locking - my frame has no loop in it (matchstick man design) so i can only secure the wheels and hope for the best. It'll be fine. Nobody is gonna try and take a recumbent trike with a wheel missing. That's just not gonna pay for this afternoon's bag of crack.