Old 09-08-19, 12:47 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,432 Times in 2,759 Posts
Originally Posted by bedtime
Viola Brand is one of the top athletes in artistic cycling, and she is likely to be at the top of the results in any such search, so I'm not surprised she was mentioned.

It really bugs me when people take a well-meaning thing and inflate it to their own perverted thinking. With such ideology, one could say the same thing about ballet, gymnastics, and figure skating.

She was respectfully dressed and covered in all the videos I've seen; in several videos she even wears jeans. And she doesn't sexualize the sport in any way—all the moves she does are regulation moves that men, women, and children are scored on. Also, the clothing is tight so it won't get caught on the bike. How may times have I seen BMX riders in X-Games catch themselves on their own loose clothing and ruin a trick?

And physical looks do play a part in many sports if even just in a small way; people want to look their best, especially if they're on camera. I don't see any issue with this.

I should add that I had just made a post requesting an 'indoor cycling' forum. There is not really anywhere on this forum to post such a thing without it seeming way out of place; wherever she posts this is bound to look like spam unless she has a couple hundred posts under her belt.
Read the OP and thread again. Nobody objected to the video or the rider. What caused comment was OP's insistence that he wanted "specialy girl bike shows." Get it now?