Old 09-08-19, 08:06 PM
bedtime

Bikes: Louis Garneau road bike converted to fixie for artistic cycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Spam or not- that is an absurdly talented woman. The core strength and balance is amazing.
It seems like so many people here are either promoting themselves, someone else, their bike, or a bike/company they like.

The OP as posted about a beautiful, relevant cycling sport, and it seems everyone here enjoys the videos. If someone was actually profiting off this in some very small way, what does it matter? Compare that to the profit made with people on this forum recommending a bike or bike accessories.

I used to think that women weren't as good cyclists as men. After seeing videos like this, my eyes have been opened. Below is a video of a girl who appears to be about 8-10 years old:

You can see her doing an 'L-sit' whilst holding one hand on the bars and the other on the seat (0:11 seconds in). That is an extremely difficult move; most people can't even do an L-sit on a solid surface let alone whilst supporting oneself sideways on a bike and steering in a circle to avoid boundaries. All this was done with about a second of preparation and in such a smooth and graceful manner as to make it look easy.

0:21-0:26 is my favorite move. If anyone knows what it is called, I'd like to know—it's the main reason I've been doing so many modifications to my bike to handle it.

Last edited by bedtime; 09-08-19 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added comment on L-sit
Likes For bedtime: