Old 08-09-20, 08:59 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Has anyone figured out a way to run those with a remote yet? Like, is it possible to plug one into a smart plug and then have your phone (or smart speaker or whatever) control how much power it gets?

Right now my cooling "solution" is a cheap lasko 20" box fan strapped to some stacked wire crates and I reach over to turn the dial roughly halfway (and again 3/4ths of the way) into my race/workout (and distract myself from the pain by calculating when those points are and how far away they are). I'd love an additional fan like one of those blowers, but would like to be able to regulate the speed. I mean I could just replace the box fan with one and reach over to control that, but I'd like an additional fan, not just a single, more powerful one where the one is now and it'd be awesome to control the strength so it's not blowing me away when I first start.
I have a baseball bat to turn on my fans, plus it helps compensate since I'm short and weigh marginally more than an iPhone....

Originally Posted by ridethecliche
After a non cycling related incident today I think I'm going to be riding indoors a fair amount for the next couple of weeks...

What fans are you folks using to keep cool indoors? I was thinking of getting one of the industrial floor fans...

I think it's time I start doing a little bit more structured stuff indoors especially on nights I'd be out riding past dark with a light setup.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lasko-20...-308487099-_-N

Works pretty well, though I can't say its the best because I haven't tried many...

Last edited by furiousferret; 08-10-20 at 08:22 AM.