Old 12-22-17, 09:30 AM
JohnnyB65

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
To the OP: if an inexpensive bike meets your needs, then ... your needs are met.

If you have a bike from whichever store ... great. The decal on the down tube doesn't make the bike, and the rider makes the ride. if you are okay with your ride ... good for you.

The only reason I got involved here was to try to help with the specific issues you mentioned. And I repeat my original advice: you might not be able to fix the bike you have, or you might, Either way, a Walmart bike might be fine for your needs.

I think even the people telling you to buy an more expensive bike have good intent: we all want you to enjoy riding.
I realize that everybody is trying to be helpful and I thank them for that. I just get tired of constantly defending my position on this. This is me, I don’t buy expensive things because I know either someone will try to take it away or it will get destroyed.
I have this same discussion with my son in law over sun glasses. He thinks he has to spend over $200 when I only pay $12 for the same thing without the logo and I don’t have to worry if I lose them or they get broken. He is always losing his or his daughter breaks them in half.