Old 10-14-18, 10:17 PM
spartanKid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Do not attribute Bearden's words to me.

My point is that they disagreed. Bearden is waaaaaaay more qualified to speak on this subject than I am. And she's probably waaaaay more familiar with SF than proably anyone on this board. They obviously had deep differences of opinion while probably having more in common than SF and I.

If you have objection to what Bearden knows and/or believes, then reach out to her. Don't shoot the messenger.
But you didn't just say that "SF and Bearden disagreed", you used a direct quote that talks about trans women competing with unlimited levels of testosterone and included in a post that also dismissed SF's success to her trans status. You didn't outright say that SF's success is due to higher testosterone than the average ciswoman, but you definitely, perhaps unintentionally, implied it when you put these statements in this discussion - in the same post even. This may have been unintentional, but note that this is a technique often used by propagandists, conspiracy theorists, and people who are trying to make a tenuous logical jump between two things that aren't necessarily true or connected.

So, from there, it would seem to me that by bringing up the disagreement with Bearden you either:

1) Don't think that SF should be competing with women

OR

2) You're intentionally playing devil's advocate, which if you are, you should indicate you are doing so, because when you do not, you come across as very aggressive and antagonizing when you might not intend to be.

Last edited by spartanKid; 10-14-18 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Ambiguous pronouns