View Single Post
Old 10-14-18, 11:01 PM
spartanKid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton

I am right here, actively engaging with you and replying to you. You could either:

- Speculate as to what I am doing and why. Or
- Ask me what I am doing and why.

It's that simple.

I may be a "Jerk". But, I will engage and discuss.
And I'm trying to explain how your words/actions can be interpreted in ways you may not anticipate.

This is a loaded topic. I agree that one's sexual and gender preferences should be TOTALLY private.
I'm not sure this is as supportive a statement as you think it is. This sounds like "Don't ask, don't tell".
That is not the case with SF. She has given international interviews and presentations on the topic. She's not, "I just wanna race my bike and have fun...", she's using the sport as a platform. This, ab-so-lutely opens her up to being a topic of discussion.
And yet she asked people here not to re-hash it, but here we are...

Please don't make me out to be an insensitive "bro" about this. I am quite sympathetic and I advocate (and vote) for many issues that overlap here. My interest is only about sport and what happens on the track. Period.
No one was questioning who you vote for or what your political views are. Are you trying to build the case that you're an ally?

This is not a black and white issue. Let us not make it one with the idea that, "If you are not 100% with me, then you are 100% against me."
Sure, but again, being antagonistic suggests you're against SF.

Regarding SF, I fully expected a literal scholar (Ph.D. and college professor) to actually entertain and answer questions and engage. Yet, I got called a "Jerk" and "antagonistic". BTW, I'm "antagonistic" not because SF is trans or that she races against women.
Perhaps it's because this is a discussion she has to have every day, all the time. Just because something is your field of study, or a personal passion, or even a hobby, doesn't mean you have to or want to or need to discuss it all the time. Activists don't "owe" anyone a discussion on demand.

Think of it this way, say, as a professor and Ph.D. researcher in sports science, you spend literally your whole work day doing/thinking about how to train athletes and how to make athletes better. When you're not at work, you just wanna ride and race your bike. When you're at the track racing your bike or training, you don't "owe" anyone there a discussion about the latest training tips or training protocols, regardless of how active you are in that field in your day job.

Last edited by BillyD; 10-23-18 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Cleanup