Old 10-16-18, 11:31 AM
Ygduf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bikes: aggressive agreement is what I ride.

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Radish_legs
Some of you are very experienced and know your "level". I'm wondering if I have another level. Or am I about as good as I'll ever be (I'm a masters racer). I could try and increase my volume for this upcoming year. I do need to increase my FTP to be competitive in the local A crits. But there could be diminishing returns, in terms of what I accrue from my time investment. I tend to do the same group rides year round, including the Tues/Thurs hammerfest. Maybe I should shut some of that down and do more trainer work, which would be more efficient training?
this is just a question of what you want to spend your time on. For years I've been not following a strict plan but have had fun doing group rides and achieved a pretty good level of ability. Would I be "better" with more structure? Probably, and I'm moving that direction. Even if I only maintain my current ability but decrease my fatigue I'll call it a win.

Having a full-time job, two kids, a wife and a (relatively successful) bike-racing hobby is a lot to juggle.