View Single Post
Old 05-27-19, 11:25 AM
TricycleTom

Bikes: Jeunet 12, Car-Cycle X-4, Aerovironment Charger

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Only a few close friends know that I'm vegan. I'm not shy about being mostly organic, though. I camp out on tour. I eat home-made organic granola, with powdered coconut milk for breakfast. Gorp is always at hand, and fruit juice. Frozen juice is handy to keep veggies or left-overs fresh a while. Bagels or buns make decent sandwiches with avocado, peanut butter, or hummus, etc. You can grow sprouts in a cloth bag slung over the top tube, watering them when you drink. For supper, I have rice and lentil mix, or macaroni. By measuring the water and proper timing, the veggies cook in the same pot, and get done at the same time, with no loss of vitamins to rinsing. Fig bars make a decent dessert, but much depends on local opportunity. Fruit in season is fabulous. Anywhere else, cherry pits are a problem, but a feed bag on the handlebars has perfect bite-size bits, often with disposable handles, no less.

I once asked for plain rice in a Chinese restaurant. Near the bottom of the bowl, I discovered that they had picked out most of the pork.