Old 05-30-19, 02:52 PM
Aahzz

Bikes: '17 Trek FX2, '19 Trek FX 3 Disc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 214 Times in 87 Posts
Just finished my first ride . Really enjoying the bike. I've been riding a too small frame for several years due to advice from a shop I no longer frequent - focused too much on standover height and not enough on total bike fit. Went up a frame size and everything feel better - particularly my legs.

Not sure if it was the carbon fork or the "isozone" bars/grips, but the ride felt really smooth and not once did I have any pinky numbness, which I normally start to have about 3 miles in, so that was amazing. I did have some pain in my arthritic thumbs, but the shifters were positioned such that they were rubbing on my thumbs - tweaked the angle when I got home and predict no further issues.

I was looking at the FX 3 for other components more so than the carbon fork - only mentioned it in my title because, if you haven't seen my previous thread, I was concerned about a larger clyde such as myself on a carbon fork. You guys helped me feel better, and the guys at my local Trek store really eased my concerns. BTW, if you're near Cincinnati, the Trek store in Northern KY has the best service of any bike store I have ever frequented.

I think I'm in love.

Last edited by Aahzz; 05-30-19 at 02:55 PM.