Old 06-21-19, 02:41 AM
tlc8439b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I can't imagine accepting a bike without bottle cage mounts.
All solutions except properly brazed mounts are inelegant and perhaps even unattractive.
There is 0 reason to take on the responsibility of creating bottle cage mounts.

...but I like water and use 2 bottles within 20mi of regular riding.

The first offer by Wabi is so terrible, it would lead me to not want to work with them at all. The emotional reaction would subside and I would probably tell them to take it back and deliver what I paid for.
Yes.. if it werent for this forum and you guys, i wouldve settled with the first option when i did nothing wrong..
i waited about 2 weeks to get my bike and thinking of disassembling and sending the frame felt too much and was about to accept the 150 but with everyone’s help i got a bit more of discount. I wouldve been more happy with receiving the intact item in the first place but the lightning model was out of my budget anyways. (They dont have the size and color i want for classic for next 2 months or so)

i bought hose clamps and diy’ed with rubber strip and it came out ok because everything is silver and black. Still looks a bit funky but oh well. Ill upload the photo once this account probation is over.