Old 12-05-19, 08:49 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Update time. Thanks to rhm, I now have a heavily used Grand Bois 650x42B to do initial checks with (it also does a nice job of protecting the rim while I'm moving this thing around).

I'm already feeling much more confident about the overall appearance and bottom bracket height. There's a fair amount of wiggle room in the fork for a larger tire too, even though the front wheel is very lightly installed (the fork is anything but straight right now, and I'm not going to bother tightening the bolts).

I don't think I have anything to worry about in regards to toe clip overlap this time...

Excellent fender clearance, though the tire hasn't stretched past 37mm as you see it, as it is too fragile to take up to pressure.

A shot of the twist in the fork blades - and ignore the wheel placement, remember the dropout axle slots have been attacked with a file by a hack, so not even the wheel position is reflective of the tweaks of the blades themselves. I need to pull the left blade forward (or the rear back, depending on which blade is the culprit), re-align the drops, and then file a new curve in the drops to fix the disaster made by the PO:

Originally Posted by noglider
I love frankenbikes. Well, not all of them, but I like this.

It depends on riding style, but I don't have a problem with low BBs. I'm able to change my cornering habits.
I'm hoping it comes out less frankenbike, and more like a 650B version of my Schwinn Superior - but with porteur bars. Funny thing is that the BB on my 1980 Raleigh Sports is a whole inch higher up than the Superior. You'd think a city bicycle would have a lower BB than a semi-professional crit racer...

-Kurt