cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by Ged117
For my Superbe, I'm running one of those Nicelite XGEN2 regulators at the hub terminal to protect the LEDs I will use in the front and rear lamp. I haven't quite figured out the wiring - the bike has an FSU which adds complications (I think I'm missing the spring at the bottom of the battery tube). I'd like to re-wire the whole thing but am not sure where to start.

For the Peugeot and the IQ-X (plus Secula rear with standlight), I figured that the over voltage protection in the B&M headlight would do the job. I just have to figure out how to connect it to the Sturmey hub. I'm guessing I can buy connector wires with crimps attached for the terminals on the hub.

At any rate, your project is very cool. I'm going to fit wider tires on the new 700c rims for my bike too.
The Bottecchia had enough clearance to squeeze 700x38C's in there, but I figured the fender clearance would be a problem.

Do tell, have you put either the IQ-X and Secula to work yet? The Sturmey only puts out 1.8W as opposed to 2.4 or 3W of modern generator hubs, and I've read nothing but conflicting or indeterminate information as to whether this will work with modern LEDs wired direct, or whether they need something in-line (much less the Nicelite, which IIRC are a pair of zeners soldered together, back to back).

-Kurt