View Single Post
Old 05-31-15, 12:49 PM
YonathanZ

Bikes: Italwin eLight (20" folding ebike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Technically you should be able to patch the tube on the bike, although I've never done it. Perhaps if you get your Joe's slime tube (heavy duty) put back in, you won't need to patch the tube very frequently.

The Gaadi bicycle tube by Rubena is a split tube that theoretically allows removing and installing the tube without removing the tire from the bike. And, it has a cute video!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iopje6ZFVv4

However, I don't see any 20" tubes listed

I think I'd practice a bit more with tire removal and installation. It can't be too complex, although I understand the motorized bike is a bit more complex than the standard bikes. If you have brake calipers, they can get in the way unless you install the tire flat.
Actually, the hub motor doesn't make things any more complicated. It's its axle which I was unable to insert into the dropouts that scares me. I don't want to just hit it with a wrench like the bike mechanic did. The bike has no disc brakes, btw.

I'm perfectly capable of removing and reinstalling the front wheel, but that rear hub axle is just a pain to deal with.