View Single Post
Old 10-10-19, 07:01 PM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 463 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by velopig
Maybe your friends' like riding new bikes with current technology, however, replacing bikes every couple of years seems like a very aggressive upgrade schedule. Tying riders' replacement schedules to frame materials is a bit of a stretch.

I find it odd that Ti riders need to denigrate other materials especially carbon to justify the purchase. Your Moots is a gorgeous bike enjoy.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I too find it odd that Ti owners feel the need to denigrate other frame materials, whether steel, aluminum or carbon. Maybe it is insecurity about their choices.

I own two steel frame bikes, two carbon frame bikes and an aluminum bike. I also owned a Litespeed Classic Ti bike.

Each frame material has its pros and cons, none is perfect. For example, I loved the fact that I could lean the Litespeed just about anywhere and not worry about scratches like I worry with my C59 and C60.

But I love the ride quality of my two CF bikes. For this short, pudgy asthmatic rider the Litespeed felt noodly. The C59 and C60 fly up hills...or at least make me feel like I am flying.

My two steel framed bikes just sing” to me when I ride them, especially going up and down PCH.

As for aesthetics, and notwithstanding @indyfabz pretty Ti bike, my Litespeed just looked utilitarian (there is an understated beauty to that look, like a pretty woman not wearing make-up).

My Bottecchia and Master are sexy as heck, their paints jobs are just gorgeous. And other riders approach me all the time to admire the C60’s shimmering color scheme.

I guess the point is that we can all enjoy our choices of build material without the need to denigrate or put down other riders’ choice.

Now wait until I get my Calfee bamboo bike.