Old 10-13-19, 07:15 PM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 3,044 Times in 1,012 Posts
Originally Posted by jrhoneOC
A bike shop cant suggest an ill-fitting bike and then force you to keep it. SPECIALIZED themselves won't allow that. (ridercare@specialized.com Customer service: 1 (877) 808-8154), a few phone calls and I guarantee the bike shop will say come back and lets figure it out for you....
The pitch has 27.5" wheels and a lower standover height. There also other frames that work as well (Rockhopper woman's?). So there are bikes off the shelf that will work better than what you have. Specialized has a computerized fit system where they take all your body measurements and it tells them what bikes will fit properly, seat height, what handlebar width is ideal, etc. Did this bike shop use that or some guy that said "This will work for you."? Just curious...which Rockhopper did you get?
I went to the shop to try a Rockhopper. Although they are supposed to be a Specialized dealer , they didn’t have a Rockhopper of any kind in the shop .
i was told they were also a Giant dealer and had several if I wanted to look at one of those . I told them I was only interested in a Specialized Rockhopper. I showed them on my phone the model I wanted and talked to them about fit . It was the entry level 2020 Rockhopper.
i had bought a Medium Roll about six weeks ago and the bike fit me better than any unaltered bike I’ve ever owned .
I was told if the Roll in medium fit , the the medium Rockhopper should fit and we ordered the bike and I paid for it .
in a week it was ready . When I went to check it out , they gave me a test ride in the parking lot with their fit guy checking me out. I told him the bike felt big and the stand over was close to being too tall . He watched me ride and said I needed to raise the saddle more as my legs still had a little bend in it when at the bottom of my stroke . I told him , my weight was already totally on my hands and asked about raising the front bars and he said it would ruin the geometry of the bike , that it was designed to be ridden like that , and that I needed to give it a try .
I knew I was going to have to raise the bars if I was going to be able to ride it .
I didn’t realize they had a no return policy until the next day when I tried a very short ride at home and thought about returning it . I checked my receipt and found the no return policy on bikes .
I like the bike now with the bars raised and I even adjusted the saddle up a tad . I plan on keeping it .
I don’t think I would be able to find a new mountain bike that I didn’t have to raise the bars on because of my weird body shape .