Old 10-15-19, 11:53 AM
OldCruiser

Bikes: Most of my bikes are Single Speed Conversions

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked 3,044 Times in 1,012 Posts
Originally Posted by DC Bike Blogger
I too have a short inseam compared to my overall height. And I used to have trouble with my hands hurting or getting numb. But that was 25 years ago when I was in my 30's. I have been very careful when buying a bikes since then. I don't rely on frame size or even stand-over height. I test ride it to make sure it's not too large. I find that I need a smaller bike than most people my height. That can make for less availability of used bikes in my size. But when I buy one it always fits. And life is too short to ride bikes that are uncomfortable.
When I was in my 30’s I didn’t have to worry about numb hands , sore knees , and even most saddles were tolerable.
Now in my late 60’s I have arthritis in hands and knees and riding helps my knees if I get my bike setup right .
What fits one , will be uncomfortable to others. Throw in the odd proportions and it becomes harder to make a bike fit .
I’m going to try to acquire a set of Specialized Roll handlebars , that will eliminate most of my extra parts and make the bike look better .