View Single Post
Old 08-28-20, 08:53 AM
tsmith41094

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc, Trek Madone SLR, Canyon Ultimate CF SLX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Sold mine back in late-2018 for $1,250 (needed something a little bigger) and felt it was a pretty good price. Looks to be a similar build with Dura Ace groupset, etc. (not sure about their bar/stem combo though). The condition of my components were about as close to new as you could get considering their age, and there were only a few visible paint imperfections around the chainstays.

Personally, I think their price is a little high. Looking through the pictures, the bike looks to be in very good shape but it definitely isn't mint (a little wear on the paint, some nicks/rust marks on the brakes, etc.). Nothing major though, especially considering it's a 2008. Know they are throwing in a couple extras (computer, light, bag, etc.) but those really don't look to be worth much. Would also be curious to know how the bike was stored (looks like they have a few other bikes sitting outside in the background, pretty hot & humid in FL)

All that being said, it was a terrific bike. Frame was rock solid and really had no issues in the several years I owned it. Truly felt it could hold it's own against bikes 5-10 years newer. Was almost a little painful letting it go. If you can get it for a decent price, I'd say its a no-brainer.