View Single Post
Old 10-12-20, 09:37 AM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,376 Times in 1,580 Posts
Originally Posted by thinktubes
Miss Central Illinois sunsets - I used to live down in Urbana. Almost (and maybe better) than sunsets over the ocean.
Sunsets and sunrises are definitely the times of day when you are likely to stop the bike and dig the camera out of the bag or pocket! The colors and the dramatic lighting just don't happen at mid-day!

The midwest does get some fine ones, maybe due to the lack of big stuff obstructing the horizon. Sometimes it is due to the clouds.....

of course, it's not just the midwest that has sunsets and clouds or even a lack of tall stuff sticking up. Here's a sunset from a deployment to NAS Fallon in Nevada, while I was in the Marines....

at that time, I was based in Yuma, AZ. It was a great place for pilots to learn to fly because there was so little rain to ruin the flying conditions. As such, there weren't many clouds, but the sunsets were consistently colorful!

While I was in Yuma, I did have a variety of opportunities for sunset photos. I think my favorites were those that I took during my first flight in the back seat of our trainer jets... the TA-4 Skyhawk. So scenic and so much fun! ... other than the issue of air sickness..

Steve in Peoria
Likes For steelbikeguy: